Frequently asked questions
- Profile Bobby Roos
Age: will reach the age of 51 in 2019
Weight: carries 80 kg every day
Bike: not yet decided for 2019
Favourite bike tour: panoramic tour, Gerlos – Zell – Gerlos
Favourite food: Pasta, Thai, Curry
Favourite wine: Rosso di Montepulciano, Lenz Moser Blaufränkisch
Music: Soul, Rock, Jazz, Hiphop.
Jobs: Snowboard instructor, high rope course trainer, canyoning guide, ski instructor. Since 1995 boss of the Hotzone School of Snowboarding
Hobbies: Snowboarding, mountain biking, snowboard tours, via ferrata, wind surfing, kite surfing, travelling, cooking, and my dog Rookie.
Bike motto: Don’t destroy what you came to enjoy!
- Information on guided tours
- Individual advice on registration
- Equipment & provision tips (waterproof jacket, drinking bottle, helmet, energy bar)
- Tour briefing: explanation of tour
- Technique tips during the tour
- Panoramic highlights and scenic photo stops
- Information about surroundings, people, flora, fauna by expert locals
- Information about the landscape and geology
- Selected stops for refreshments (reserved tables)
- Secret tips, hidden trails for experts
- Organisation of shuttle service if necessary
- Maximum 10 persons per group
- No minimum number of participants
- Weather information and warnings
- First aid kit
- Guides are first aid-trained
- Emergency number
- Repair set and spare parts
- The pace of the group is determined by the slowest rider
- Dates & weekly programme
- 29.05.2019 to 03.11.2019
- From 24.06. to 20.09.2019 we offer 5 tours in two ability groups per week.
- From 29.05. to 23.06. und from 21.09. to 03.11.2019 we offer 5 tours in one ability group per week.
- Family ride: max. elevation change 400 m, easy downhill rides. (Children from age 8 years, only if accompanied by an adult)
- Arena Biker: max. elevation change 700 m , easy single trails, for trained bikers.
- Trail surfer: max. elevation change 1000 m, moderately difficult single trails, for trail fans.
- Enduro light: short uphill rides, difficult trails, gondola, shuttle & gondola, shuttle & bus
- Gipfelstürmer: max. altitude difference 1500 m, easy to moderately difficult trails
Why guided tours?
Secret trails – fun in groups – technique tips – information about nature, culture, mountains – safe with our bike guides in case of breakdown or accident – culinary highlights – no chance to get lost.
10:00 Techniktraining 1 Trailsurfer Trail experience Family Tour 2 Trailsurfer Family Tour 1 Teeny Biketour 10:00 Arena Biker Arena Biker Enduro light Arena Biker Gipfelstürmer 16:00 Techniktraining 2
- Ski school contact information
Please contact us by phone at +43 (664)882 311 81 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s ski lessons times
All children and youngsters participating in 5-day and 6-day ski courses receive 15% discount on ski rentals.
Sunday and Monday
- 9.15 a.m. Division into groups and orientation. Meeting point: Almi’s Kinderland.
- 10.00 a.m. Almhof piste or descent Isskogel – according to skills. (Isskogel – instructors will pick up the children in the hotel and bring them back on the bus)
- 3.30 p.m. (approx.): Return to the hotel: instructors will bring children back to the hotel
Tuesday to Thursday
Beginners and advanced skiers will be instructed at the Almhof children’s lift (directly at the hotel).
- 9.15 a.m. Departure
- 3.30 p.m. (approx.): Return to the hotel
- Almi’s highlights
- Tuesdays, 5.15 p.m. Children’s disco in Almi’s Kinderland
- Tuesdays, 6.00 p.m. Fantastic children’s ski show at the Almhof piste – children present their skills to their parents
- Thursdays, 9.30 a.m. Start of the spectacular final race. Training until 9.30 a.m. The race takes place directly at the Almhof. Award ceremony at 4.00 p.m. at Almi’s theatre.
- Ski rental information
Book your ski equipment in advance at Sport Kröller from the comfort of your home.
- What does all inclusive at the Almhof mean?
Many services are included in the “Almhof All Inclusive” – please see rooms & prices, all inclusive. Not included are:
- Spa and wellness treatments like cosmetics and massages
- Alcoholic drinks
- Fred’s swim academy – except in special arrangements/offers
- Ski lessons for children and adults
- Ski equipment rental
- Is there a car park available?
Parking spaces are available in front of the hotel. Alternatively, you can park your car in our garage – there is a limited number of parking spaces. Garage spaces cannot be reserved. The use of all parking spaces is free of charge.
- Can I book the Almhof anywhere cheaper?
We guarantee that our hotel can nowhere be booked cheaper than directly with us.
- Is half-board included in the room price?
Yes – and much more. All room prices and package offers include our all inclusive board. Please see details here.
- Is there a free transfer from the nearest airport or train station?
We are happy to pick you up free of charge from the nearest train station Zell am Ziller. For transfers from the airports Innsbruck, Munich or Salzburg we can recommend Four Seasons Travel.
- How far is the skiing area?
Zillertal’s largest ski area, the Zillertal Arena, is approx. 2 km from the hotel. The free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes directly from the hotel and takes you directly to the gondola lifts.
- Is the use of the wellness area free of charge?
The use of all saunas, steam baths and pools (indoor and outdoor) is included in the price.
Spa and wellness treatments like massages or cosmetics are charged extra. Please see an overview of our treatments here.
- Is the hotel barrier-free?
The hotel is not 100% barrier-free. Although some areas are accessible for wheelchair users, we cannot guarantee that all door widths, ramps or facilities can be navigated.
- Is Internet available at the hotel?
Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire bar/lobby area and in all rooms.
- Which payment methods do you accept?
You can pay cash, with Maestro or Mastercard/Visa.
- Are there pushchairs and prams available?
Yes, we have ample pushchairs and prams available for you.
- Are pets allowed?
Usually yes, but only on request and against an extra fee.
- What are the arrival/departure times?
On the day of arrival your room is usually ready from 4.00 p.m.. You are of course very welcome to arrive earlier and enjoy the amenities of the hotel. If you arrive after 9.00 p.m. please let us know by phone so that we can prepare a small dinner. On the day of departure we ask you to vacate the room until 10.00 a.m. We recommend that you pay your bill in the evening before departure.
Please contact us if your question was not listed or if you have not found the desired information on the website. Please send booking inquiries via the inquiry form.