Frequently asked questions
- Ski hire
Directly at our partner hotel Kroeller you can find Sportshop Kröller – providing the best material for all sports in every season.
- Ski and shoe hire
- Snowboard hire
- Ski service
- Sale of all popular top brands
- Ski and snowboard gear
- Side valleys of Gerlos
Side valleys of Gerlos
From the Almhof Family Resort & SPA follow the trail along the lake until you reach the inn Kühle Rast. The trail leads through a narrow forest and finally rises for about one hour through the narrow, romantic valley along the Schwarzach to the Jausenstation Schwarzachalm at an elevation of 1,400 metres. After a well-deserved apple strudel, less experienced walkers can take route no. 8 up to the Obere Schwarzachalm. Intermediate hikers can take the hiking trail into the valley. Experienced hikers can continue to the Schwarzachscharte at an elevation of 2,475 metres.
The trail starts directly opposite the Almhof Family Resort & SPA. From the valley entrance, follow the trail for about one hour on trail no. 6 to the Wimmertalalm snack station. Via Grundlochalm, Jagd- und Grundhütte even less experienced hikers can venture up to about 1,760 metres above sea level. From here, the black marked mountain path no. 6 takes experienced hikers to the Wimmerscharte at an elevation of 2,500 metres.
At the Gasthof Oberwirt, the hiking trail No. 5 rises gently to the Schönachtal valley. After a short stop at the Stinkmoosalm, which offers a wonderful view of the valley, you reach the snack station Lackenalm (1,400 m above sea level) in about an hour. Hikers with an appropriate fitness level and proper footwear can hike up to an elevation of 2,000 m on the hiking trail that starts here. The tour leads past the Iss and Pasteinalm mountain pastures and will be rewarded with a magnificent view of the mighty Schönachkees glacier. From the Issalm, you can also hike up to the romantically situated Stackerlalm (1,800 m).
The easy hike into the Krummbachtal, which is also called the “thumb” of the five tributary valleys, could also be called “culinary tour”. Three serviced mountain huts, including the destination Krummbachrast, are waiting along trail no. 2. The trail starts at the car park at the Isskogelbahn cable car, leads past the Almstüberl to the junction Prölleralm, a quaint mountain hut. The trail continues along the stream to the snack station “Krummbachrast”. Experienced hikers with a high fitness level can continue via the Nöckental to the mountain station “Isskogel”.
The trail around the reservoir Durlassboden is a beautiful scenic 3-hour hike. Starting at the restaurant Seestüberl on the dam crest, the tour leads along the left bank to the entrance of the Wildgerlostal. Follow the asphalt trail to the Alpengasthof Finkau. From here, you can hike past the Leiterkammerklamm to the Zittauer Hütte which is beautifully situated at the mountain lake Wildgerlossee at an elevation of 2,329 metres. Or you can enjoy a snack and the spectacular view of the 3,300 metre high peaks of the Reichenspitzgruppe and walk back to the Seestüberl along the lakeshore past the snack station Bärschlagalm on the dam crest. The car park is situated below the dam crest.
- Hiking with children
Hiking with children
Are you having difficulty motivating your children to go on a hike? Here’s some tips and tricks to increase your chances of a successful hike – and make the kids beg to go on another one.
Tips for hiking with children
- Adjust your goals. You may not reach the end of the trail. Be prepared to modify your hike to the enjoyment and comfort level of children. Test the children’s “stamina” and “speed” on easy walks.
- Be patient and flexible. If children see interesting stuff along the trail, be prepared to stop and wait. Use teachable moments to explore the natural world. Let them explore, collect and watch.
- Plan trails with features like lakes, ponds, or waterfalls along the way. Children are fascinated with water.
- Plan many breaks and provide drinks and snacks.
- Check weather conditions before you head out the door. Children get cold much easier than adults, especially if they get wet. Be ready with an extra change of warm clothes.
- Children from age 6 years often want to carry their own rucksack – we provide small rucksacks for children.
Equipment for children
- sturdy nonslip hiking boots
- sturdy, functional clothes that may get dirty
- extra change of (warm) clothes
- Hike services included
Hike services included
All inclusive – the following services are included:
- 5 guided hikes per week with free shuttle bus
- daily snack from the breakfast buffet to take with you for hiking
- information corner with maps and tour descriptions
- organisation of overnight stays in mountain huts
- drying room for shoes and clothes
- shoe cleaning station
- WellNestl: relax and unwind in our saunas and relaxation rooms
- infrared cabin with adjustable temperatures near the indoor swimming pool, daily from 07.00h to 21.00h
Travel with light luggage. Available for loan at the reception:
- telescopic hiking and Nordic Walking poles (free of charge)
- rucksacks (free of charge)
- umbrellas (free of charge)
- available to hire against fee at the sports shops Sport Shop 2000 Engelbert und Sport Huber: mountain boots, rain gear, telescopic poles, mountain bikes
- Dates & weekly programme
Dates & weekly programme
- 29.05.2019 to 03.11.2019
- From 24.06. to 20.09.2019 we offer 5 tours in two ability groups per week.
- From 29.05. to 23.06. und from 21.09. to 03.11.2019 we offer 5 tours in one ability group per week.
- Family ride: max. elevation change 400 m, easy downhill rides. (Children from age 8 years, only if accompanied by an adult)
- Arena Biker: max. elevation change 700 m , easy single trails, for trained bikers.
- Trail surfer: max. elevation change 1000 m, moderately difficult single trails, for trail fans.
- Enduro light: short uphill rides, difficult trails, gondola, shuttle & gondola, shuttle & bus
- Gipfelstürmer: max. altitude difference 1500 m, easy to moderately difficult trails
Why guided tours?
Secret trails – fun in groups – technique tips – information about nature, culture, mountains – safe with our bike guides in case of breakdown or accident – culinary highlights – no chance to get lost.
10:00 Techniktraining 1 Trailsurfer Trail experience Family Tour 2 Trailsurfer Family Tour 1 Teeny Biketour 10:00 Arena Biker Arena Biker Enduro light Arena Biker Gipfelstürmer 16:00 Techniktraining 2
- Hotel Services & Facilities
Hotel Services & Facilities
- Breakfast buffet with regional products, cereal, fresh fruit
- Après bike snack after the tour
- Daily Xenofit energy pack included in package offers
- Refreshments during the tour as requested by guests (preferably stops at mountain huts)
- Gourmet – all inclusive half board and “Grüne Haube” natural cooking
- Lockable bike storage room
- Facilities for drying bike clothes & shoe dryer for overnight drying of shoes
- Service corner with tools, bike stand, grease, pump. Replacement bicycle tubes against fee.
- Bike rack
- Bike hose
- Laundry service
Overview of bike services
- Certified bike guide on site
- 2 guided bike tours on 5 days per week
- Bike programme with themed tours
- Opportunity to take a shower and change your clothes on the departure day
- Photos or videos of the guided tours will be provided free of charge via stick or download
- Individual advice on tours on 6 days per week
- Tours are accompanied by certified guides
- Repair service on 5 days per week through a partner company
- Min. 5 tours incl. GPS data are available on the hotel website. Included are a tour map, tour length, altitude difference, recommended stops for refreshments, attractions, highlights of the tour and the elevation profile
- Bike information corner
- Tour card
- Mountain bikes available to hire (Information and reservation directly at the hotel)
- Weather information and warnings
- Internet point or WiFi at the hotel
- Information on guided tours
Information on guided tours
- Individual advice on registration
- Equipment & provision tips (waterproof jacket, drinking bottle, helmet, energy bar)
- Tour briefing: explanation of tour
- Technique tips during the tour
- Panoramic highlights and scenic photo stops
- Information about surroundings, people, flora, fauna by expert locals
- Information about the landscape and geology
- Selected stops for refreshments (reserved tables)
- Secret tips, hidden trails for experts
- Organisation of shuttle service if necessary
- Maximum 10 persons per group
- No minimum number of participants
- Weather information and warnings
- First aid kit
- Guides are first aid-trained
- Emergency number
- Repair set and spare parts
- The pace of the group is determined by the slowest rider
- Profile Bobby Roos
Profile Bobby Roos
Age: will reach the age of 51 in 2019
Weight: carries 80 kg every day
Bike: not yet decided for 2019
Favourite bike tour: panoramic tour, Gerlos – Zell – Gerlos
Favourite food: Pasta, Thai, Curry
Favourite wine: Rosso di Montepulciano, Lenz Moser Blaufränkisch
Music: Soul, Rock, Jazz, Hiphop.
Jobs: Snowboard instructor, high rope course trainer, canyoning guide, ski instructor. Since 1995 boss of the Hotzone School of Snowboarding
Hobbies: Snowboarding, mountain biking, snowboard tours, via ferrata, wind surfing, kite surfing, travelling, cooking, and my dog Rookie.
Bike motto: Don’t destroy what you came to enjoy!
- Ski school contact information
Please contact us by phone at +43 (664)882 311 81 or by email at email@example.com
- Children’s ski lessons times
Ski lessons times
All children and youngsters participating in 5-day and 6-day ski courses receive 15% discount on ski rentals.
Sunday and Monday
- 09.15 Division into groups and orientation. Meeting point: Almi’s Kinderland.
- 10.00 Almhof piste or descent Isskogel – according to skills. (Isskogel – instructors will pick up the children in the hotel and bring them back on the bus)
- 15.30 (approx.): Return to the hotel: instructors will bring children back to the hotel
Tuesday to Thursday
Beginners and advanced skiers will be instructed at the Almhof children’s lift (directly at the hotel).
- 09.15 Departure
- 15.30 (approx.): Return to the hotel
- Almi’s highlights
- Tuesdays, 17.15 Children’s disco in Almi’s Kinderland
- Tuesdays, 18.00 Fantastic children’s ski show at the Almhof piste – children present their skills to their parents
- Thursdays, 09.30 Start of the spectacular final race. Training until 9.30. The race takes place directly at the Almhof. Award ceremony at 16.00 at Almi’s theatre.
- Ski rental information
Book your ski equipment in advance at Sport Kröller from the comfort of your home.
- What does all inclusive at the Almhof mean?
Many services are included in the “Almhof All Inclusive” – please see rooms & prices, all inclusive. Not included are:
- Spa and wellness treatments like cosmetics and massages
- Alcoholic drinks
- Fred’s swim academy – except in special arrangements/offers
- Ski lessons for children and adults
- Ski equipment rental
- Is there a car park available?
Parking spaces are available in front of the hotel. Alternatively, you can park your car in our garage – there is a limited number of parking spaces. Garage spaces cannot be reserved. The use of all parking spaces is free of charge.
- Can I book the Almhof anywhere cheaper?
We guarantee that our hotel can nowhere be booked cheaper than directly with us.
- Is half-board included in the room price?
Yes – and much more. All room prices and package offers include our all inclusive board. Please see details here.
- Is there a free transfer from the nearest airport or train station?
We are happy to pick you up free of charge from the nearest train station Zell am Ziller. For transfers from the airports Innsbruck, Munich or Salzburg we can recommend Four Seasons Travel.
- How far is the skiing area?
Zillertal’s largest ski area, the Zillertal Arena, is approx. 2 km from the hotel. The free shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes directly from the hotel and takes you directly to the gondola lifts.
- Is the use of the wellness area free of charge?
The use of all saunas, steam baths and pools (indoor and outdoor) is included in the price.
Spa and wellness treatments like massages or cosmetics are charged extra. Please see an overview of our treatments here.
- Is the hotel barrier-free?
The hotel is not 100% barrier-free. Although some areas are accessible for wheelchair users, we cannot guarantee that all door widths, ramps or facilities can be navigated.
- Is Internet available at the hotel?
Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire bar/lobby area and in all rooms.
- Which payment methods do you accept?
You can pay cash, with Maestro or Mastercard/Visa.
- Are there pushchairs and prams available?
Yes, we have ample pushchairs and prams available for you.
- Are pets allowed?
Usually yes, but only on request and against an extra fee.
- What are the arrival/departure times?
On the day of arrival your room is usually ready from 16.00. You are of course very welcome to arrive earlier and enjoy the amenities of the hotel. If you arrive after 21.00 please let us know by phone so that we can prepare a small dinner. On the day of departure we ask you to vacate the room by 10.00. We recommend that you pay your bill in the evening before departure.
Please contact us if your question was not listed or if you have not found the desired information on the website. Please send booking inquiries via the inquiry form.