Winter Holidays in the Austrian Alps
When winter transforms Gerlos into a fascinating white landscape, the magic of snow creates an atmosphere of endless fun. Located at an elevation of 1,300 metres, Gerlos has a very high snow reliability. The Zillertal Arena, the largest ski area in the Zillertal valley, is right on your doorstep and guarantees snow-sure skiing fun from December to April. Numerous huts and snow bars invite you to stop for refreshments, and after a wonderful day of skiing or snowboarding you can relax in one of the famous après ski bars in Gerlos. Let yourself be enchanted by the mountain winter in Gerlos in Tirol.
Family Ski Holidays
Almhof Family Resort & SPA is the perfect base for skiing holidays with the whole family.
Almi’s Ski School
Almi’s ski school offers courses for children aged 2+ years. Beginner zone directly at the hotel.
Almhof is the first hotel worldwide to offer a weekly snowboard experience for small guests.
Top Winter Packages
- 150 km of slopes | 52 lifts and cable cars | 320 ha of slopes with snow-making capability
- Children’s Paradise | 11 ski and snowboard schools
- 31 mountain huts and snow bars | 200 km cross-country ski trails | 5 permanent downhill racing runs
- Arena snowpark and halfpipe in Gerlos
- Action-Park Kreuzwiese in Zell
- Funpark at Hochkrimml
- Family ski resort Gerlosstein in Hainzenberg
- Arena Coaster – the tobogganing fun – direcly at the valley station of the Zillertal Arena in Zell
- 1 artificial ice-skating rink |2 indoor tennis and squash centres
- 7 km (night-) tobogganing run in Gerlosstein and floodlit tobogganing runs in Gerlos and Krimml
- More than 50 % children’s discount, 20 % youth discount
- Free Wi-Fi at numerous lift-stations and huts
- Zillertal Arena App – all information you need on your smartphone or tablet
- The Zillertal Arena ski pass and the Zillertal super ski pass are also valid in the Ski Arena Wildkogel.
- Between Neukirchen, Wald, Krimml and Königsleiten guests with a valid ski pass can use the free ski bus.
The sports shop is just a few minutes’s walk from the Almhof and offers equipment rental and service.
- Ski and boot rental
- Snowboard rental
- Ski service
- Sale of all top brands
- Ski and snowboard equipment
NEW: Enjoy your tobogganing adventure to the full. Let the drag lift pull you up the mountain and repeat the thrill of the ride several times.
Explore the snowy landscape on foot or on snowshoes.
Full body workout on perfectly track-set trails in clear mountain air.
Nothing beats the thrill of sliding down the mountain on a sled.