Family Hiking Hotel in Austria
Hiking holidays for families in the Zillertal
Tommy, our sports and wellness coach and certified hiking guide, takes you to the most beautiful spots of the Zillertal in Tirol. Join Tommy for extensive Nordic walking tours, easy family hikes, and challenging mountain tours.
3 to 8 guided hikes per week in different levels of difficulty – 3 x family hikes and 5 x guided hikes for adults (extensive Nordic walking tours, moderate hikes, mountain hikes in medium altitudes). The easy walks are tailor-made for families. Hiking is suitable for everyone and with a base level of fitness you can explore the beautiful mountain world of our five side valleys or high alpine destinations such as the Zittauer Hütte (2329m).
The very brave should not forget their swimming gear because the crystal clear mountain lake is simply ideal for cooling off. Hiking promotes body and senses, revitalises relationships and is good for your soul. Being outdoors in nature is perfect to switch off, slow down and give your mind a break.
5 Reasons for hiking holidays at the Almhof
- 3 – 8 guided hikes per week
- Free hiking bus on guided hikes
- Snacks to take with you daily from the breakfast buffet
- Hiking information booth with maps and tour descriptions
- Drying room for shoes and clothes, shoe cleaning station
Hiking with children
The Zillertal is the perfect destination for families looking to connect with nature. We have put together a few tips how to motivate children to enjoy the outdoors and how to make your hiking route a great adventure.
Tips for hiking with children
- Plan tours so that they can be shortened or changed.
- Test the children’s “stamina” and “pace” on leisurely walks.
- Forget “adult destinations”.
- “Little things” along the way are more interesting for children than mountain panoramas.
- Let children discover, collect and observe for themselves.
- Take many breaks, always with a little food and drink.
- From the age of 6, children usually want to carry their own rucksack – we have complimentary children’s rucksacks ready for you!
- Equipment for children: Sturdy hiking boots with grippy soles, robust, functional clothing that can also get dirty, pack spare clothes
The following equipment can be hired from our reception:
- Telescopic and Nordic walking poles (complimentary)
- Rucksacks (complimentary)
- Umbrellas (complimentary)
- Hiking boots, rain gear, telescopic poles and mountain bikes can are available to hire against a fee at Sport Shop 2000 Engelbert and Sport Huber