Hiking holidays in the Alps
5 x guided hikes per week – 2 x family walks and 3 x guided tours for adults (extensive Nordic Walking tour, easy hike and moderate hike). The easy hikes are perfect for families. No special training is required to explore the five scenic valleys around Gerlos or the high alpine destinations such as the Zittau mountain hut (2329 m). Don’t forget your swimwear, the crystal clear mountain lakes are ideal for cooling off. Hiking improves fitness and is good for strengthening the immune system and enhancing metabolism.
Gerlos side valleys »
Hiking with children
Are you having difficulty motivating your children to go on a hike? Here’s some tips and tricks to increase your chances of a successful hike – and make the kids beg to go on another one.
Tips for hiking with children
- Adjust your goals. You may not reach the end of the trail. Be prepared to modify your hike to the enjoyment and comfort level of children. Test the children’s “stamina” and “speed” on easy walks.
- Be patient and flexible. If children see interesting stuff along the trail, be prepared to stop and wait. Use teachable moments to explore the natural world. Let them explore, collect and watch.
- Plan trails with features like lakes, ponds, or waterfalls along the way. Children are fascinated with water.
- Plan many breaks and provide drinks and snacks.
- Check weather conditions before you head out the door. Children get cold much easier than adults, especially if they get wet. Be ready with an extra change of warm clothes.
- Children from age 6 years often want to carry their own rucksack – we provide small rucksacks for children.
Equipment for children
- sturdy nonslip hiking boots
- sturdy, functional clothes that may get dirty
- extra change of (warm) clothes
All inclusive – the following services are included:
- 5 guided hikes per week with free shuttle bus
- daily snack from the breakfast buffet to take with you for hiking
- information corner with maps and tour descriptions
- organisation of overnight stays in mountain huts
- drying room for shoes and clothes
- shoe cleaning station
- WellNestl: relax and unwind in our saunas and relaxation rooms
- infrared cabin with adjustable temperatures near the indoor swimming pool, daily from 07.00h to 21.00h
Travel with light luggage. Available for loan at the reception:
- telescopic hiking and Nordic Walking poles (free of charge)
- rucksacks (free of charge)
- umbrellas (free of charge)
- available to hire against fee at the sports shops Sport Shop 2000 Engelbert und Sport Huber: mountain boots, rain gear, telescopic poles, mountain bikes
29/05/2019 - 03/11/2019Gesamtpreis
29/05/2019 - 07/12/2019Preis pro Person