Summer Holidays in Austria
Gerlos in the Zillertal, Tirol is the ideal starting point for sporting and family activities in the Tirolean mountains. The Zillertal Arena, which extends into the neighbouring Pinzgau with the villages Wald/Königsleiten and Krimml with the Krimml waterfalls, offers plenty of fun for all ages. The Almhof Family Resort & SPA is the perfect family hotel for relaxing summer holidays in Austria.
Abenteuerland Gerlos is a must-do experience for families with children. Explore a variety of tree houses, test your balancing skills on the high ropes course and enjoy a zipline adventure. There is something for everyone!
Activity Holidays for Families with Children
Hikers will find easy themed walks and nature trails in the valley, enjoyable alpine pasture hikes, and challenging summit tours to the numerous 3000-metre peaks of the Zillertal. Over 800 km of well maintained bike and cycle routes invite mountain bikers to explore the unique mountain panorama of the Zillertal on two wheels. The Zillertal also offers countless opportunities for climbing enthusiasts. Marked running routes and paths invite you to escape the stresses of everyday life by running or Nordic walking. In Uderns, golfers will find an 18-hole course with a spacious practice area and a total of 35 teeing grounds, 18 of which are covered, plus chipping, pitching and putting greens.
Zillertal Arena Summer Facts
- 200 km of waymarked hiking trails
- 800 km of MTB trails in the entire Zillertal
- 232 km of MTB trails in and around Gerlos
- Rafting on the Gerlos stream
- Canyoning in the side valleys
- High ropes course in Gerlos
- Via ferrata with flying fox in Gerlos
- Via ferrata with arena skyliner in Gerlosstein
- Mountain bike practice course
- Single trail route from Isskogel to Gerlos
- “Erlebnis Reich Weg” (nature discovery trail): 50 stations explain the relationship between man and nature
- 52 km of running and Nordic Walking routes
- Arena Coaster – the spectacular alpine roller coaster with a length of 1.5 km
- Krimml waterfalls (Europe’s largest waterfalls)
- 18-hole golf course in Uderns